LPN in Mechanicsburg, PA at Acadia Healthcare

Date Posted: 1/24/2023

Job Snapshot

Job Description


Our Team:

Mechanicsburg Comprehensive Treatment Center, located in Mechanicsburg, PA, is part of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, the leading provider of medication-assisted treatment in the nation. Our nursing team provides compassionate, high quality safe and efficient medication dispensing to patients that are seeking recovery from Opioid Use Disorder.

Job as an LPN:

The LPN is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. LPNs provide high quality, safe and efficient dispensing of doses of medication to patients under the direction of the Medical Director or Physician. The LPN is responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient's symptoms, responses and progress.

Part time hours are Monday - Friday 4:30 AM - 1 PM and Saturdays 6 AM - 10 AM, allowing you to enjoy a great work/life balance.

⭐️Additional Nursing Team Benefits⭐️

  • Lower stress environment working in our medication dispensary
  • No heavy lifting of patients/no bedside
  • Stable shifts and schedule
  • Early morning hours
  • Be a part of helping others in a recovery environment
  • Holidays off
  • Paid training 

Responsibilities as an LPN:

  • Works under the supervision of the Medical Director and the Clinic Director;
  • Maintains practical nursing professional standards of care;
  • Prepares and administers medication as ordered by the Medical Director or Program Physician accurately and in a timely manner;
  • Maintains accurate accounting of all medication received (from supplier) and dispensed (to the patients);
  • Charts medication administration in nurse's notes accurately and in a timely manner;
  • Documents nursing care provided, and maintains appropriate records related to patient’s progress and activities accurately and in a timely manner;
  • Responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA, and ADP;
  • Dedicates a minimum of 90% of regularly scheduled work hours to activities directly related to the administration of medication; the remaining 10% will be dedicated to other activities as assigned;
  • Responsible for urine collection and processing, reading test results as ordered by Program Physicians and the completion of all forms involved in these procedures.

Job Requirements

Skills and Qualifications as a Licensed Practical Nurse:

  • Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
  • Prefer 1 year nursing experience in behavioral health, outpatient treatment program, or addiction recovery field
  • Training or experience treating patients with MAT (medication assisted treatment) highly preferred
  • There must be no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment


  • Current LPN license in Pennsylvania.